Alexa and the Amazing Skills Kit – Explore Deep Edition
Alexa Skills Kit SDKs
- Quickly Build Your First Skill – Build your first Alexa skill with our step-by-step instructions and samples, then apply what you learn to build your own.
- Be Productive from the Start – Take advantage of your existing programming expertise by choosing between our Java, Node.js, and Python SDKs.
- Write Less Code – Use the code we provide for commonly needed utility functions and focus your energy on your ideas.
Key Features of ASK SDKs
Hello World and Other Samples – We provide complete sample code and step-by-step instructions for Hello World and other samples. You can use these samples to understand how to build an Alexa skill, to learn how to use SDK functions, and as a starting point for your own skills.
Skills of Alexa Development Kit
- Request Handling – Request handling in the SDK makes it easy for you to invoke the right code when Alexa sends you a request. You can write a single handler for multiple Alexa intents, or invoke different handlers based on nearly any request attribute.
- Response Building – You can deliver responses to your customers that include text-to-speech, audio and video streams, and cards and other visual elements. Customers will receive one or more of these elements depending on what Alexa-compatible device they are using. Using the SDK, you can build responses that include all of these elements.
- Attribute Management – You can store and retrieve information at different scopes using Attributes in the SDK. Attributes allow you to keep track of what has happened so far, and to use this information to determine what happens next. You can define attributes that for a single request, for a single customer session, or for the lifetime of your skill.
- Alexa API Calls – You can call nearly any Alexa API from within your skill logic using service clients in the SDK. The service clients automatically inject relevant endpoint and authentication token information on your behalf.
|Name||Summary||Locale Availability||Release Type|
|ASK SDK Controls framework||The new Controls Framework makes it easier and faster to code manage multi-turn skills||All||Beta|
|JSX for APL||Author APL documents using JSX and React along with SDKv2 and the latest SDK||All||Beta|
|API SDK||Build faster on SMAPI using the new SMAPI SDK for Node.js, Python, and Java||All||Generally Available|
|SDK Productivity Releases||New ASK SDK Support for Express.js and Jinja||All||Generally Available|
Skills are like apps for Alexa and provide a new channel for your content and services. Skills let customers use their voices to perform everyday tasks like checking the news, listening to music, playing a game, and more. Organizations and individuals can publish skills in the Alexa Skills Store to reach and delight customers on hundreds of millions of Alexa devices.
Skills of Alexa
Start building today with the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) which provides self-service APIs, Skill Components and other tools. You can visit the design guide to learn how to design delightful Alexa experiences. The guide features best practices, design principles, example use cases, and downloadable assets to help you through your design journey. It gives:
Delight To Your Customers -Voice is the most natural user interface. Enable customers to use their voices to easily access your content, devices, and services—wherever they are and whatever they’re doing.
Easily Bring Your Vision to Life – Take advantage of Amazon’s latest innovations invoice. Use our self-service APIs and tools to deliver experiences in gaming, productivity, news, music, smart home, and more.
Grow Your Business – Expand your reach through hundreds of millions of Alexa devices across the globe, use voice to close the distance between your brand and your customers, and make money by selling premium experiences and physical goods.