Stop Unknown Users From Adding You To WhatsApp Group
WhatsApp has so many users across the Globe. Since, the beginning of Covid-19 pandemic, virtual interactions through WhatsApp has become very common. Schools, Colleges, Offices, and all the other official/unofficial platforms are using WhatsApp for and easy and feasible conversation. If you need to stop an unknown user from adding you to a group chat, all you need to do is to modify your privacy settings.
Anyone can create a group a chat and add up several people. You hate it when an unknown person just added you to a group and now you are getting tons of annoying messages. Well, you do not have to worry at all. All you need is just go to your settings and modify it a bit.
How to stop an unknown person from adding me to a WhatsApp group chat?
You can choose from three options, i.e., “Everyone”, “My contacts”, and “My Contacts Except” to allow you from adding to a group chat-
- Open WhatsApp in your phone
- Tap on the three dots on the top right corner
- Go to the Settings and click on Acoount
- Click on Privacy and then select Groups
- By default setting could be ‘Everyone’
- Now you will have three options—‘Everyone’, ‘My Contacts’, and ‘My Contacts Except’
- If you select only ‘My Contact’, it will only let your contacts (users whose phone number is saved in your phone) to add you in groups chats
- If you select ‘My Contacts Except’, it will let you remove people from your contact list by whom you will not let yourself add in groups
In case you have any query or help regarding WhatsApp, click on the link- https://faq.whatsapp.com/?lang=en